Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thursday Portrait.....



Our graduating class, Flint Southwestern 1968,
has a Facebook page established in anticipation of this years 45th reunion!
The smiling little tyke front row right, is Tom Dewey.
Tom's Mom was our Den Mother.
Tom posted this pic on the Facebook page and challenged me
to name the other lads. Of course I positively identified them all, much to the
non-surprise of my fellow classmates since I have been dragging up the
past ever since the page was created a few months back.
Can you believe that one of my classmates even claimed that the reason
that the chubby kid top row has his eyes closed, is that he was memorizing
everyones name in the pic for future reference.
Now really.....Who would do something like that?
Like I knew somebody would ask that question.....55 years later!!!!!!
What a coincidence eh?

See you hopefully Thursday 8:00 pm EST.
(No...I wasn't too fat for a uniform, I forgot it was Den Night!!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! I love it. Of course, I have to mention that you really look a lot like my dad when he was that age. REALLY.

Cloudia said...

so innocent looking



Aloha from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >

Brian Miller said...

i was a cub scout...years ago...ha. nice pic of you man...

the walking man said...

jaysus Galen that looks like my boot camp graduation picture. We were twins before you got old and i grew a beard.

the walking man said...

Did you ever get to the Weblows...I had to quit before that.

Mr. Charleston said...

A forgetful chubby kid memorizing names. Ummm. Something wrong with that picture.

Helen said...

I love this image of you and the cubs ... I am inspired to dig around in my old photo box. Bragging rights .. you were at the top of your game even then!

author.nara.malone said...

I'm amazed at your powers of perception. I can't fathom being able to look at a school picture and recognizing myself, let alone everyone else. Or anyone else.

Margaret said...

Adorable! And I would expect no less - you have an excellent mind. :)

lime said...

memorizing names or getting ready to crack wise or savoring the moment...or maybe all three.

Lydia said...

A marvelous photo, Galen! I love all that reunion fun and think your memory will prove to be a real asset as the time approaches and the event happens.

Other Mary said...

Awww - what a cutie-pie-face! lol