Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thursday Portrait.....






On the way to work this morning I heard a commercial
that used "God Bless America" as it's background music.
Of course that reminded me of the Great Kate Smith!!!
Kate was a famous recording star of the 40's and 50's.
She was known for her Booming and Powerful voice, and her
always upbeat and positive attitude.
She was patriotic from birth, probably due to her
being born in Washington DC. In her younger years she was
quite a looker, as you can see for yourself in the middle pic.
Unfortunately for Kate, she developed a taste for cake, and even
wrote a book extolling the glory of those frosted delights.
She traded in her swim-suit figure for the Pillsbury Dough-Girl look!
So how many varieties and flavors of cake did she have to sample to
come up with her top 55?
See you Thursday night 8:00 PM EST.....

8 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Having grown up in a Navy family, I cringe to see someone wrapped in a flag.

Brian Miller said...

hehe...and those samples go straight to your cheeks....both pairs....

Shadow said...

55 for real? or did you 'wangle' that...

and us girls know that we can either love our jeans or we can love our cookies, never both.

Mr. Charleston said...

Could be 55 stars on that flag. I'll have to personally inspect and count them.

lime said...

i'm going to be hearing her in my head the rest of the day now.

hedgewitch said...

My who knew Kate was such a cutie--with a contemporary perm and die job, even. She not only could sing, she could time travel!

I'll be playin for cake tomorrow, Mr. G.

Bodhirose said...

Wow...I never saw a photo of Kate Smith when she was young...she was a hottie...who woulda thought?! Yes, I too immediately started hearing her strong voice booming in my head...she's someone you never forget.

Margaret said...

Kate would never wrap herself in a flag. It's called "class". ;P