Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Retro-Wednesday.....





I can see that Ole Schicklegruber wasn't very interesting. hehehe, sorry folks.
Anyway, after WWII The USA out of guilt for nuking Japan, helped them get back on their feet by buying all kinds of cheaply made crap that they manufactured and shipped our way. It was kind of a running joke about shit "Made In Japan"! Now they are a symbol of high quality! (And Recall Cover-Ups)
This 'Lil Indian Boy' has been in my toy arsenal since about 1958. You wind the key on the side, and it hops across the surface thats it's sitting on. It still works GREAT! "Made In Japan"......

Peace...!!!

13 comments:

lime said...

maybe a bit un-pc but kinda cool.

oh, speaking of un pc and retro i have post cards my grandfather sent home from during ww2. zowie, the racial stereotyping was WILD!

Cindy said...

love the cheap vintage crap. i live for kitsch

Serena said...

You have a toy arsenal? All righty, then.:)

Katherine said...

I love it ... a retro toy for a retro boy! I say that nothing vintage is crap!!

Jana said...

I love stumbling upon small forgotten things like this...and that it still works after so long is wonderful!

Shadow said...

what a cute little thing!

the walking man said...

Compared to the Chinese made crap of today the Japanese crap post WWII is like comparing a Rolex to Ralex (found in your nearest corner gas station for $5.99)

Maude Lynn said...

Where do you keep all of this stuff, G-Man?

Akelamalu said...

Didn't you play with it much? ;)

Greg S. said...

I understand the accelerator on those things can get stuck and it's hard to get them stopped!

chitowngreg
http://chitowngreg.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Really ? I did not know that.. don't you worry, I am not Japanese. LOL...
Mr. G, I just want to thank you so much for your lovely messages to me when you do visit me. YOU do no know just how much that means to me.. I truly appreciate your generousity and thank you so much for your unconditional kinship. You always make me feel special. Thanks!

hugs
shakira

Lulda Casadaga said...

Now everything is made in China...refreshing to see an oldie but goodie Made in Japan...would be worth more if made in "Occupied Japan"! ;)

secret agent woman said...

That is the strangest looking horse I have ever seen.