Sunday, March 7, 2010

Here Comes The Sun.....








Hi Everybody...

I was tired of beef.
I was tired of pork.
I was tired of chicken.
I was tired of Curry.
I went to a local food chain by the name of VG's.
They have Top Notch fresh seafood.
There I picked up some beautiful wild caught Salmon filets.
I also bought a butternut squash.
And I had a hankerin for some REAL Pesto!

The top pic are the ingredients for the pesto. But I still had a problem with paying 4.99 for ONE measly ounce of pine nuts. So I bought slivered almonds.
I also bought some imported fusilli pasta for the Pesto.
I peeled the Butternut and cut them into steak fry size. I then marinated them in olive oil, parsley, basil, garlic, garam masala, and Himalayan Sea Salt!
The Salmon I slathered 100% Maple Syrup all over it, and then sprinkled the last of my Apple Smoked sea Salt, and my genuine Hungarian Papryka on it.
I had a bunch of fresh asparagus left, so before I popped the Salmon in the oven, I laid them all over salmon.
35 minutes at 375...The fish was Perfect!
55 minutes at 375 for the squash...Perfect
The Pesto Fusilli....Perfect!
A Sunny Sunday 48 degree's....Almost Perfect!
Have a Kick Ass Week Kiddies....;
Peace...!!!

24 comments:

Jinksy said...

Wish you'd asked me to dine! LOL

inappropriatesue said...

When am I getting invited to dinner? That looks delicious!

Sherry said...

I wish my husband liked those type of meals...he's more meat and potatoes...gets a little boring!

Brian Miller said...

dang...i want an invite as well...

Serena said...

Wow! Wish I had a husband who could cook like that. Of course, if I did I'd probably weigh a ton.:)

The Crazy World of Shelle said...

You can come to my house any time and cook for me :)

One Prayer Girl said...

I never tire of seeing, hearing about, and vicariously experiencing your culinary masterpieces.....even when I'm not a salmon lover.

Glad you had such a beautiful weekend.

PG

javajazz said...

oooh, baby,
garam masala
and 100% maple syrup...
wow...
funny, i bought
salmon tonight too
and baked it
all simple-like
accompanied with
basmati rice
and broccoli...
i feel healthy.
and you're a gourmet...!

Mona said...

I one paid $ 6 for a measly ounce of pine nuts at Trader Joe's . But then Trader Joe's is a thief, giving four medium sized tomatoes for $3

Even Farmer's Market selling Organic goods that were expensive was comparitively cheaper.

Shadow said...

i'm sure you do this on purpose to torture us souls in the office on a monday morning.....

Vodka Logic said...

I wish I liked salmon cuz the rest looked delish

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Yummy

Please email if you're interested in being feature on my Monday Male feature on my Wee Blog.

Gill (gillian@homemakers-sa.co.za)

inappropriatesue said...

G-Man ...look out your window and tell me if you see pigs flying. I didn't post this morning. *gasp* LOL

Akelamalu said...

Sounds perfect! :)

secret agent woman said...

You can't go wrong with the salmon and asparagus combo.

Shrinky said...

Oooooooh, everyone should have such a hubby! (Thanks for making my tummy growl, I'm hungry now..)

Ms Hen's said...

Yummy. I have maple syrup.. I did not know you could put it on salmon. Yummy.

hugs.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greg S. said...

Wow! What's on for tomorrow night?

buffalodick said...

Wow! What a spread! Seafood around here has been few choices, and expensive.. I want some too!

Maude Lynn said...

That sounds delicious, G-Man!

Lulda Casadaga said...

we had salmon last nite also...but with a sweet potato.
Ok G, are you turning into Buffalodick or what?? :D

Jessie said...

you sure sound like one fine chef ...Chef G-Man!!!


smiles!

lime said...

if you had told me ahead of time this was the menu i would have been there. man, that sounds AWESOME!